Horizons at Sacred Heart University is commemorating its fifth-year anniversary by hosting an array of events in 2016 to show people that success can be reached and achievement gaps can be diminished with the right tools and support.
Horizons at SHU, in affiliation with Horizons National, will hold several events to celebrate its anniversary and successes. There will be the planting of a community garden, a night of music, a celebration for National Giving Day, a summer showcase and much more. The events will include Horizons students and staff collaborating with SHU students and faculty.
“We are thrilled to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Horizons,” said John J. Petillo, president of SHU. “I can remember when Horizons was established here on campus. It was a small program, but it had big goals. Horizons has grown so much in five years and has had a huge effect on the children and staff.”
Calendar of events:
- April 23: Bruce Hornsby Concert – Edgerton Theater of the Performing Arts
- May 12: National Giving Day
- June 27 – Aug. 5: Horizon’s Summer Program to include several events on campus
- Aug. 4: Horizons SHU Family/Community Night – Edgerton Theater of the Performing Arts
- Oct. 15: Saturday Morning Instrument Petting Zoo with SHU Marching Band on campus
- Nov. 11: Success Center Reading Palooza with the Isabelle Farrington College of Education on campus
For more info, visit www.sacredheart.edu.